Thursday, January 29, 2009

Time to create again


Chinese New Year is here again and it has been a truly busy week for me - cooking for relatives, visiting relatives and of course, lots of eating in between. Throw in a couple of sick kids, and my hands are full. Although I like Chinese New Year and all its activities, I felt that I haven't had much time to myself. So when I finally found time to bead again, I was happy. I have been itching to create something with the lovely aventurine beads I got a while back. Aventurine looks a lot like jade but is actually a a translucent quartz spangled with bits of mica or other minerals. It is also known as sunstone. Jade have often been associated with older ladies and although I like jade, I didn't like the designs jade often come in. So when I found these aventurine stones and jade look alike, I was quite excited to see what I can create with them. Yesterday, I decided to use them to make chandelier earrings. I paired the stones with white freshwater pearls to offset the green in the stones.

1 comment:

Sally Ang said...

It's so nice ....thank God that you got such a wonderful pair of hands to create such beautiful piece....