Monday, March 22, 2010

Downtime


It's been more than a week after the Singapore River Market  and I have been off the radar for that long as well.  That's because I have been taking some downtime after the market.  Preparing for a fair involves quite abit of work and I tend to go on an overdrive a couple of weeks prior to a fair.  I come up with dozens of ideas, I design, create, think of more promo ideas and then when it's all over, I crash.  And how did The Singapore River Market go? Honestly, it was a disappointment to me. I hemmed and hawed for a while before deciding to participate in this fair and it didn't turn out any better than the last fair I took part in.  The crowd there were looking for cheap goods and my creations were definitely not in the "3 for $10" category.  All said, I am grateful and touched by those who stopped by my stall, especially the friends who took time to come and support me. THANK YOU SO MUCH! And Sab, it was fun doing this with you.

I won't be participating in any fair for a while now.  For now, I will need to find the motivation to list some of my jewellery on my Etsy store. Also, to find time to indulge in some sewing. :)  Maybe one day, I will post pictures of some of the things I have sewn for my kiddos. :)

No comments: