Tuesday, January 12, 2010

headlong into the new year

Happy New Year!  I can't believe it, it's already week 2 of the new year!  First I couldn't wait for the new year to come as my son was starting primary school. Now, the two weeks have just whizzed by and not only has he started primary school, he has already done numerous pages of homework!  it makes me feel like I'm back to school myself as I help him to complete his homework daily.  Hmmm, just wondering why is he getting so much homework when I know other kids his age who are attending other schools hardly have any homework.

Well, between settling down in primary school and being thrown headlong into the new year, I managed to find time to do a couple of custom orders - both are pearl necklaces. One is a lovely cream coloured swarovski pearls with hematite and crystals while the other is a black freshwater pearl necklace strung with a modern twist.  I love them both because they are both elegant and yet look so different from each other.

The new year has been kind of slow for me in terms of business.  It just means I have to work harder on my etsy shop - list more items and maybe some promotion.  Time to get organised! To those reading this, more useful jewellery articles will be posted here soon.

No comments: